[scilab-Users] Scilab in Eclipse

Mathieu Dubois mathieu.dubois at limsi.fr
Fri May 4 17:24:58 CEST 2012

FYI I successfully reproduced the example given in the javasci help page.

To do so I created an Eclipse project, copied the code (Example1 class),
added org.scilab.modules.javasci.jar and org.scilab.modules.types.jar in
the java build path setting (I think you did this).

Then I got errors similar to yours.

According to the help page I mentioned, I exported 2 shell variables:
export SCI=/usr/share/scilab
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/scilab/
restarted Eclispe, and voilà, it works!

If I can give you an advice, try to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Also your path
seems strange (/scilab/...). Did you install scilab from source?

HTH,
Mathieu