Scilab in Eclipse

Tima meni.tima at hotmail.com
Thu May 10 11:15:45 CEST 2012

I installed scilab from the ubuntu Software Center.
you're right, the libscilab2-java was missing.. I installed this package
But Now the error is :
*The native library javasci does not exist or cannot be found.
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /usr/lib/jni/libjavasci2.so.5.3.3:
/usr/lib/scilab/libscicacsd.so.5: undefined symbol*

I summarize what I did:
*1/* I export 2 variables:
         export SCI=/usr/share/scilab
         export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/scilab
*2/*I launch Eclipse
*3/*I add 2 External jars :
         org.scilab.modules.javasci.jar
        org.scilab.modules.types.jar
4/ I run the Example1, and I have the error  on top.

Maybe I forgot something else?
I thank you alot Mathieu for your help!