[scilab-Users] Re: GraphicsMagic1.3.15-windows-source in Scilab- 5.3.3

Ricardo Fabbri rfabbri at gmail.com
Wed May 23 16:24:49 CEST 2012

Hi,

16bit tiff is suported.

You need your imagemagick to have 16bit enabled (which is usually default).

SIP code "normally normalizes" the ImageMagick image to a double
representation between 0-1.
The conversion is done in e.g. magick_truecolor_image_to_double_hypermat in
the file
src/sip_common.c from SIP, and uses a constant called MaxRGB for
normalization.

Therefore it is written to support 16bit.

A test confirms that:

$ identify onca.tiff

onca.tiff TIFF 238x182 238x182+0+0 16-bit Grayscale DirectClass 50KB 0.000u
0:00.00

--> a=imread('onca.tiff');
--> imshow(a);

best,