"call" and "fort"

Thales Jacques thalesjacques at gmail.com
Thu May 24 16:46:35 CEST 2012

Hi,
This thread is the continuation of
"Linking Delphi DLL with Scilab"
but this time it is a problem that is not related to the linkage itself.

First, when i use the call() function to execute the function inside my DLL
the string is so long (over 1000 characters) that I did the following:
Copied my line (the call function with all the arguments) to the file
expression.txt and did:

I=mgetl('expression.txt')
evstr(I)

Then I get the error:

,[m25,n25],64,"r",[m26,n26],65,"r",[m27,n27],66,"r");
                                                     !--error 70
Too many arguments in fort (max 30).

in  execstr instruction    called by :
at line      34 of function evstr called by :
evstr(I)

The function in my DLL has 68 arguments (41 inputs and 27 outputs) and so
does the call function.

Is there any way to work around this?

One solution may be to use a vector as an argument (instead of a bunch of
separated arguments), but this implies changing the DLL and I am not the
owner of the DLL.

Thank you,

Thales.