[Scilab-users] Use of show_pixmap() obsolete. Alternative??

Eliseo Chacon Vera eliseo at um.es
Thu Nov 8 23:01:09 CET 2012

Dear Samuel,

thanks for your quick answer. The following lines solve the heat equation and provides
 a smooth evolution for the plot. SCILAB 5.4.0 does not like it.

thanks,

eliseo

///
// heat equation
//
clear;
//
// Initial value
//
function z=u0(xx)
if (abs(xx)<=1) then
    z=1;
else
    z=0;
end
endfunction
//
//  b heat coef.
//
b=1;

f0=scf(0);
f0.pixmap='on';
clf(f0);
show_window();
//
//  space interval
//
xmin=-5;
xmax=5;
Nx=125;   // Number of points
h=(xmax-xmin)/Nx;
x=xmin:h:xmax;
//
u=zeros(1,Nx+1);
uold=zeros(1,Nx+1);
u2=zeros(1,Nx+1);    // dimensionamos inicialmente a cero
uold2=zeros(1,Nx+1);
ucero=zeros(1,Nx+1);
//
// time
//
t0=0;
time=t0;

for i=1:Nx+1
   uold(i)=u0(x(i));    // initial value
   uold2(i)=u0(x(i));
   ucero(i)=u0(x(i));
end
plot(x,uold,'dr')
ejes=gca();
ejes.data_bounds=[xmin, 0; xmax,1.2];
title(" Initial data ");
show_pixmap();
sleep(1000);

k=0.9*h^2/(2*b);// stability

//
// coeficiente mu=k/h^2
//

mu=k/h^2;

//
coef1=b*mu;
coef2=1-2*b*mu;
coef3=b*mu;

//
   while (time<0.5)
    time=time+k;
     u(1)=0;
     u(Nx+1)=0;
    for i=2:Nx
     u(i)=coef1*uold(i+1)+coef2*uold(i)+coef3*uold(i-1);
    end
    clf(f0);
   plot(x,u,'or',x,ucero,'db');
   ejes=gca();
   ejes.data_bounds=[xmin, 0; xmax,1.2];
   title("Euler explicit: time=  "+string(time)..
     +"; time step =  "+string(k)+..
     +"; spatial h="+string(h)+"; diffusion = "+string(b));
    legend('b=1','initial');
    show_pixmap();
    uold=u;
    sleep(1);
end
 Saludos,

 Eliseo Chacon Vera
 Departamento de Matemáticas
 Facultad de Matematicas. Universidad de Murcia
 Postal Address: Campus de Espinardo, 30100-Espinardo-Murcia
 Phone: (34) 868 884175     fax: (34) 868 884182
 email: eliseo at um.es

  Freefem Wiki: http://www.um.es/freefem/ff++/pmwiki.php
  Web site:        http://webs.um.es/eliseo/