[Scilab-users] How to plot 3d implicit surface

Martin Helm martin at null-a.de
Sun Nov 25 00:40:17 CET 2012

Orbeman wrote
> In fact, I have several equations like this :
>
> x^2+y^2+x+y+x*y+z^2-1=0
>
> I can express z=sqrt(1-...) but in a general case...

In the general case I usually use isosurfaces to plot implicit functions.
Since I am completely new to scilab I do not know if it is just a lack of my
ability to find a corresponding method in scilab of if there is none to plot
isosurfaces.
If there is none and there is interest in having one I could adapt the
Octave function I wrote a few years ago and which is since then part of
their software to work in scilab and also the implicit function for plotting
the zero level surfaces of 3d functions.