[Scilab-users] Plot a function that contains matrix operations

Svenja Lagershausen lagershausen at prod.uni-hannover.de
Thu Nov 29 17:55:10 CET 2012

Dear users,

I would like to plot a function f(x) that contains matrix operations.
Correctly, it looks like this (obtained by Mathematica):

Do you know how to do this?

My code is:

//Löschen der Variablen

clear

//Bereinigen der Konsole

clc

// S. Lagershausen

// 29.11.2012

// System : M = 3, n = 3, Expo -  vtlte Bz., mu1 = 0.7, mu2 = 0.5, mu3 = 0.9

// E[TBPS] = 2.59664365

// CV[TBPS] = 0.908682321

// Daten der Verteilung der Zeit zw. Bearbeitungsbeginnzeitpunkten an Station 1 :

initv = {1 0 0 0 0}

Smat = [-0.7 0.061984965 0 0.111572936 0.200831285;

0 -1.4 0.5 0 0;

0 0 -0.9 0 0;

0 0.5 0 -1.4 0;

0 0 0 0.5 -0.5]

onevec = {1 1 1 1 1}

S0vec = {0.325610814; 0.9; 0.9; 0.9; 0}

// Dichtefunktion :

scf(1); //create figure  1

clf(1); //clear figure 1

x=[1 : 0.2 : 20]

//x=2

////x= linspace(0,20,101);

//temp1=Smat*x

//f_x= sum(sum(Smat*x,"c"),"r")//

//test=Smat*(x);

f_x=initv*expm(Smat*x)*S0vec

//f_x=x

//

plot(x,f_x)

////xlabel('x'), ylabel('f(x)')

//title('Dichtefunktion von TBPS')

//Generating function of the PH renewal process

//P_Stern=exp((Smat + z*S0vec*initv)*x)

x is the variable. If I simply plug in a single value, it works (the result is a value)

However, if I I declare a range, it does not work anymore ("Inconsitent multiplication")
I suppose that Scilab understands the range of x as a vector such that the matrix operations cannot work that way.

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards
Svenja Lagershausen