[Scilab-users] What's the difference between Scilab mailinglist and Scilab Forum?

Rakhi Warriar rakhiwarriar at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 19:56:39 CEST 2012

Hello

scilab.in is maintained by Indian Institute of Technology Bombay. It is
funded by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. Of India. Our
group also has lots of amazing things going on as part of popularising
Scilab in India. The forum is a part of this effort.

We have close to 120 textbook companions made by students all over India.
Textbook companion is a sister project  where the worked out examples from
a standard textbook is coded  in Scilab by a student/teacher. We also have
lab migration program where we help Universities in India to migrate their
labs from Matlab to Scilab. We have succesfully done that for about 10
institutes or so. This number is growing fast!.

We conduct Scilab workshops with the help of the spoken Tutorial team (
http://spoken-tutorial.org). About 500 workshops have been organised all
over India in the last year alone.! We have a dedicated team to help people
with their queries.

I hope I could convey to you the amazing things our group does in India for
popularising Scilab. Do participate in our activities. Looking forward to
co-operation from all of you!

Thanks
Rakhi
IIT Bombay