[Scilab-users] Awkward redesign of 5.4.0 for Mac

Harold Dessau hrdessau at knology.net
Tue Oct 2 20:49:37 CEST 2012

All,

I will require a significant redesign of my 5.3.3 code to run under 5.4.0 under Mac OS 10.8.  Scilab 5.4.0 has evidently redesigned the directory so as to be
backwards incompatible with the previous versions.

First it installs in my Users/ my name/ directory and will not see my hard drive directory at all.   In 5.3.3 I could run directly from my hard drive.   5.4.0 assumes
that the Users directory is the top level but Apple disagrees.

Secondly, in 5.3.3 I could reference subroutine files with only a subdirectory call.  This no longer works.  I evidently will have to call subroutines with a long
and cumbersome full directory signature.

Hal.