[Scilab-users] MacOS 10.8 Scilab function calls

Harold Dessau hrdessau at knology.net
Mon Oct 8 18:12:53 CEST 2012

I am running Mac OS 10.8 Mountain Lion with Scilab 5.4.0.    Scilab installed easily once Java 6.0 had been downloaded as per instructions.

However, I am unable to execute function calls using the exec call to the function directory.    After failing with a previously working legacy
code under Scilab 5.3.3,  I generated a simple test code and this also failed.  The function call failed with both a partial directory call and
also with a complete directory call.  My function calls all reference the .sce extension.

I wonder if Scilab 5.4.0 has been adequately tested under Mac Os 10.8.  Has anyone else seen a similar issue?

Hal.