[Scilab-users] SIVP & Ubuntu

Nat0ne toeleuterio at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 02:37:35 CEST 2012

Dear SIVP users,

I am trying to use this powerful toolbox on Ubuntu and it shows the
following message when I try to load it:

  SIVP - Scilab Image and Video Processing Toolbox
	Load macros
	Load gateways
    link(opencvlibs+"/libavutil.so.49");
                                        !--error 236
link: The shared archive was not loaded:
/usr/lib/scilab-sivp/thirdparty/opencv/lib/libavutil.so.49: cannot open
at line      86 of exec file called by :
exec(get_absolute_file_path("loader.sce")+"etc/"+"SIVP.start");
at line      10 of exec file called by :
exec("/usr/share/scilab//contrib/sivp/loader.sce");
in  execstr instruction    called by :
if exists("gcbo") then %oldgcbo = gcbo; end;gcbo =
getcallbackobject(9);execstr(toolboxes(2));if exists("%oldgcbo") then gcbo =
%oldgcbo; else clear gcbo; end;
while executing a callback

I already reinstalled it, and also scilab, but it does not change anything.
It seems to work on Windows 7, but I need it to work on Ubuntu.

I am a programmer, but not a scilab advanced user.
Could some of you help me please?

Greetings,
Nat0ne