[Scilab-users] SIVP & Ubuntu

Simon GARESTE simon.gareste at scilab-enterprises.com
Thu Oct 25 12:05:10 CEST 2012

Hi Nat0ne,

About the reason why you still have SIVP installed after
removing/reinstalling scilab : a .Scilab folder is created in your home
directory (ls ~/.Scilab), and contains the info about atoms. This folder
is not deleted at the removing of Scilab. When you reinstall it, it
checks and uses it if the folder exists, create it if it doesn't. You
had it, it used it, and with SIVP in it. The easiest solution is to
remove this folder (rm -r ~/.Scilab/scilab-5.3.3).

SIVP uses the library OpenCV, as you may have noticed. This library was
included for the windows versions in the module, but not for Linux, in
the 0.5.3 version of the module. This was due to a lack of testing in
the 5.3.3 version. The latest release of Scilab is the 5.4.0. It
includes a lot of fixes and improvments, plus the SIVP module has been
fixed so that opencv is correctly included in the module, and work just
by installing it.

After a little bit of work, we fixed the 0.5.3 version of the module. It
has now the same version of opencv as the version for 5.4.0, with a
better managing of the thirdparties, and does not need anything to be
installed previously. So right now, if you do
atomsSystemUpdate()
atomsInstall(SIVP)

it should work. Can you confirm?

Simon