[Scilab-users] 'link' and 'call' function from dll

MMOJ mmoj at byg.dtu.dk
Mon Oct 29 13:12:56 CET 2012

Hi

I'm relative new in scilab, but have worked allot with matlab. I'm trying to
transfer some of my work into scilab as some of my colleges use it and I
would like to introduce them to the tools I use. It is about a geochemical
program IPHREEQC, where I have linked this to my matlab code and it work
fine. I have tried to do the same in Scilab but i have some problems.

The IPHREEQC library is found here
http://wwwbrr.cr.usgs.gov/projects/GWC_coupled/phreeqc/.

I can link the dll with link('IPhreeqc.dll','CreateIPhreeqc','c') where
CreateIPhreeqc' create an id for the further calculations. So I would like
to know if it is possible to link the routines in the dll with the header
file, instead of every single routine?

My next problem is in the 'call' of the routine, i see that there are two
different functions 'call' and 'fort' and I do not see the differences? When
I try 'call('CreateIPhreeqc','out',[1,1],1,'i')', i returns a random number,
it should be from 1.2... n depended on the number of calls to the lib. The
routine do not take any input values, maybe that should be formulated in a
different way!

Thanks