[Scilab-users] How to let scilab do what matlab can do?

Mathieu Dubois mathieu.dubois at limsi.fr
Mon Sep 10 19:12:17 CEST 2012

Hello,

On 2012-09-10 15:22, 黄斌 wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am learning matlab, but I can’t afford it, so I am using scilab as
> a substitute of matlab. But I have found some function that can be
> used in matlab can’t be used in scilab, like “rectpulse()”
> ,”factor()”. Could you help me finding a solution?

Scilab is not a clone of matlab (you can find a famous clone of matlab
very easily on the internet).

If you want to stay with scilab (which in my opinion is better for some
stuff than matlab most notably string processing) there is an help topic
for that.
You can find equivalent function  on this page:
http://help.scilab.org/docs/5.3.3/en_US/section_36184e52ee88ad558380be4e92d3de21.html

Otherwise try to search in the help.