[Scilab-users] dos command execution

Adrien Vogt-Schilb vogt at centre-cired.fr
Tue Sep 25 18:00:22 CEST 2012

On 25/09/2012 15:36, haasejos wrote:
> hallo,
> I try to change a directory by using:
> *[a,b,c] = dos('cd C:\Documents and Settings\haasejos\Desktop\' , '-echo');*

hi

as far as I understand, there are two reasons this does not work

first, there are spaces in the path you give to cd, so you should use
double strings as in the next example:

[a,b,c] = dos('cd ""C:\Documents and Settings\haasejos\Desktop\""' , '-echo');

anyway, scilab won't change the current directory using dos("cd"), but you can still use other commands as:

[a b c]=dos('dir ""C:\Documents and Settings\""' , '-echo');

to check that dos and the "" "" thing actually work

cheers