[Scilab-users] Unable to use lincos with some multiple output systems

Benjamin Johnson bcfjohns at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 22:30:57 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I want to have 3 outputs from an xcos model I developed for a series elastic actuator. When I only have 2 lincos works fine. When I add a third output I get

plant=lincos(scs_m);
 !--error 15
Submatrix incorrectly defined.

at line     235 of function lincos called by :
plant=lincos(scs_m);

I tested this with some very simple models with the same result. A single input to a gain block with a gain of one connects to two, three, or four outputs. When there are only two outputs lincos works fine. When there are three or four outputs I get the above error. I'm running Scilab 5.3.3 on Windows 7 in a virtual machine.

Thanks,
-Ben Johnson