[Scilab-users] Export vector graphics produced by Scilab 5.4.1

CRETE Denis denis.crete at thalesgroup.com
Fri Apr 12 14:29:21 CEST 2013

Hello,
I am trying to transfer graphical images (produced using "plot2d", with Scilab 5.4.1 under Windows XP) to LibreOffice.
When I use the "scratchpad", nothing appears in LO Writer, neither in LO Impress, neither "as well" in Word 2007: there seem to be a problem both for the Scilab command "Copy to ScratchPad" and the Ctrl+C shortcut.
Additionally,
- Exporting the file to a vectorial format such as EPS allows to obtain the result in Word 2007, but not in LibreOffice.
- Exporting an SVG file is almost correct for FireFox, but LibreOffice Writer does not display text (font compatibility?).
- Trying to export an EMF format, I get an error message requesting to install Ghostscript first. So I did, although I tried to visit the URL indicated in the error message: the page www.ghostscript.com/awki does not exist !-( On www.ghostscript.com the Welcome page begins with "Welcome to Ghostscript, an interpreter for the PostScript language and for PDF." = I still don't see the relation with EMF generation... but even installation of GS, the error message of Scilab is always asking for installation of GS...
- EPS is recognized by Word 2007; but my first attempt with LibreOffice failed.
I hope my report is correct.
Thank you in advance for any help,
Denis