[Scilab-users] Newbie filter basics

Adrien Vogt-Schilb vogt at centre-cired.fr
Sat Apr 13 13:12:31 CEST 2013

On 13/04/2013 02:49, Michael Dunn wrote:
> Hi. Are there any resources or tutorials or references out there that
> would be helpful to  a newbie to SciLab filtering functions? I just
> want to filter some data -- at this point, I don't even care what kind
> of filter -- just want to learn how!
>
> At first, I thought I'd try an IIR, but I couldn't figure out how to
> generate the coefficients.
> //y = filter(num,den,x)
>
> Then, I stumbled onto ffilt, which seems to generate FIR coefs, but where's the actual FIR filter function? Is it "convol"? I tried this:
>
> plot(fft(convol(ffilt("hp",40,100),r)))
> It does/something,/but I'm not sure what. Am I getting close?

Hi

I am not used ot filters, but I know there is a how to here:
http://help.scilab.org/docs/5.4.1/en_US/DesignEllipticFilter.html (this
is available in french also)
from there, i suggest you navigate throught the "see also sections"

you can also have a look here:
http://help.scilab.org/docs/5.4.1/en_US/section_dbbac6be408104de3049eddefaf6b9c9.html

the content of this webpage is also available in your computer, type
"help" in the console and navigate.

I hope the "how to" (1st link) will help you