[Scilab-users] Plot function in scilab

Lester Anderson arctica1963 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 23:55:05 CEST 2013

Hello Niels,

I am not sure if the Windows version is the issue, but are you on 32-bit or
64-bit ? Not too familiar with Windows Vista other than it always seemed to
hog loads of memory.

The code you had works fine on Windows 7 at least - it is a very simple
program so should run.

I have attached the code as a .sci file so you can load it up in SciNotes
and execute it directly, or copy straight to the console window. We need to
see where you are having problems; the plot command should not cause any
problems.

If you can try Scilab on a different machine, with say Windows 7 then we
can have a better idea as to what is going on.

function f=myquadratic(x)
   f = x^2endfunctionxdata = linspace(1 , 10 , 50);ydata =
myquadratic(xdata);plot (xdata ,
ydata);xlabel("X-Data");ylabel("Y-Data");title("myquadratic");

Lester