[Scilab-users] Code problem fft-ifft

Antoine Monmayrant antoine.monmayrant at laas.fr
Mon Aug 26 10:24:17 CEST 2013

On 25/08/2013 12:45, Lester Anderson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am attempting to code up a Mathcad file into Scilab and it should be
> straightforward, but for some reason it is not working as it should. And
> checking the variable values, some are still complex as output from the
> fft/ifft runs - the inputs look right as far as I can see.
I cannot open the prn files and it's thus difficult for me to check your
data.
What do you mean by still complex?
When you run fft or ifft on a real dataset, the output is complex,
that's to be expected.
Maybe (it's just a wild guess) you ended up with complex values that
have an imaginary part that is zero.
Scilab still consider these values to be complex.

Antoine