[Scilab-users] Scilab on Mavericks with Java 7?

Ricardo Fabbri rfabbri at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 00:16:53 CET 2013

> Maybe scilab just doesn't work with Java 1.7?

It should. It uses Java 1.7 on my computer.

On Sept 3 I had posted something on getting Scilab to run on OSX
Mavericks in the dev list which might be of use. Since you mentioned
one error regarding jnilibs,

> Cannot find /Applications/scilab-master-1385142704.app/Contents/MacOS/thirdparty/java//lib//libjava.jnilib

Then you can try something I had to do here:

I used all .jnilibs by copying them from the latest nightly build dmg.
I placed the .jnilibs at

/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_25.jdk/Contents/Libraries

(your jdk is jdk1.7.0_45 but you get the point).

Ricardo.