[Scilab-users] LINEAR SYSTEMS AND BODE PLOT IN SCILAB REPORT

Paul Bignier paul.bignier at scilab-enterprises.com
Fri Dec 13 10:59:53 CET 2013

Hi,

If it is any help, I broke down bode.sci's code to the job it really does.

Example1.sce then comes down to (for the magnitude):
     clear;
     clc;
     s = poly(0, "s");
     N = 1;
     D = (s+1);
     TF = syslin("c", N/D);
     // bode(TF)
     [frq, repf] = repfreq(TF, 1d-3, 1d3);
     [phi, d] = phasemag(repf);
     plot2d("ln" ,frq, d)
     f=gca(); f.grid = color("lightgrey")*ones(1, 3);

You can indeed see that the computed magnitude does not match the
theoretical one.

The first example on this
<http://lpsa.swarthmore.edu/Bode/BodeExamples.html> page also shows a
gap ( s = poly(0, "s"); bode(syslin("c", 100/(s+30))); )

On 12/13/2013 03:04 AM, Vijay Gopal wrote:
> Hi,
> I am a scilab user and I find it amazing about its capabilities.
> Recently I have encountered a problem for BODE PLOT for Linear Systems
> in continuous domain in scilab. I have made a report on it and
> attached herewith in pdf format. I hope this email will be beneficial
> for mutual progress. Also there are two files attached herewith
> Regards
> --
> Vijay Gopal

Paul BIGNIER
Scilab Engineer & Xcos Developer
Scilab Enterprises
143bis rue Yves Le Coz - 78000 Versailles, France
Phone: +33.1.80.77.04.69
http://www.scilab-enterprises.com