[Scilab-users] trouble with vectorial export

Adrien Vogt-Schilb vogt at centre-cired.fr
Fri Feb 8 11:10:53 CET 2013

On 08/02/2013 11:02, Calixte Denizet wrote:
> Hi Adrien,
>
> About vectorial export in 5.3: we used a thirdparty library (gl2ps)
> which used an opengl trick to make the export, so huge graphics could
> to lead to crash.
> In 5.4, we completely rewrite the vectorial exporter (we removed
> gl2ps) and huge graphics are now ok (the export can be long in 3D
> since there is a lot of computation (intersecting triangle,
> intersecting segments, ...)).
> For the 2D, I found an easy solution to take into account the style
> (I'll implement it asap), but in 3D it is more complex, since a
> polyline can be behind and in front of a triangle the polyline need to
> be broken (even if it doens't meet the triangle). Actually a polyline
> is broken into segments and all the segments are drawn in a particular
> order (according to their positions) and the line style is broken...
> An idea, in 3D, could be to break the polyline into the segments
> corresponding to the line style, but the polyline entity is lost.
> I hope to be able to propose a solution for 2D in the next week and
> for 3D, I don't know.
>
> Calixte
Hi Calixte

Thank you for this infromation, and "bon courage" with that. I know by
experience that printing 3d structures is quite difficult.

I look forward to use the 2D solution, which is by far the most useful
feature for me (In my field, you typically make plots of 2 to 6 time
series, and you want them to be clear when printed in 2d, and also
beautiful when viewed in color in the pdf article.)

Kind regards