[Scilab-users] large csv text file management issue

David Chèze david.cheze at cea.fr
Wed Feb 13 14:59:59 CET 2013

Hi Rémi, thanks for your comment.

Actually functions from package csr_readwrite have been included in the core
Scilab 5.4.1 and these function csvRead that i'm using now is one of them:
so it's the "best" Scilab csv text tool for the time being as far I know.
I think also that i have to split my file but the issue i reported yseterday
was that it's already quite difficult to find a tool to open such a big
file. I succeeded using LargeTextFileViewer software but now I would have to
split the file by select/copy/past by hand what is not reasonnable since
there are more than 2 000 000 lines in the file. That's why I was asking for
people who already meet this problem and maybe already found the right tool
to do that automatically or found an efficient way in scilab to open, get a
given number of lines then write it in another file and so on. Major issue
is just to be able to open/load a few lines from the original file.

Thanks for your help,

David