[Scilab-users] Scilab is not a pipe

Adrien Vogt-Schilb vogt at centre-cired.fr
Wed Feb 27 14:25:40 CET 2013

On 27/02/2013 14:25, Stéphane Mottelet wrote:
> Le 26/02/13 17:45, Adrien Vogt-Schilb a écrit :
>> hi
>>
>> is there any reasons why I can't type from a console:
>>
>> scilab myfile.sce
>>
>> and expect scilab to execute myfile.sce and redirect output to the
>> standard output?
>>
>> I can almost to that with
>> scilab-cli -f
>> and
>> scilab-cli -e
>>
>> but i still have to exit manually at the end, or construct an alias ofr
>> scilab-cli -e exec('#1');quit
>> or something
>>
> Hello,
>
> I hope you solved your problem, but it is a pity that nobody noticed
> your evocation of Magritte's famous painting :-)
> S.

You know, in fact I was just stating that I did not know how to use
Scilab as a pipeline, with the following sense:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pipeline_%28Unix%29

It's quite current to call this pipelines just "pipe", probably because
they are so pleasant.

Adrien Vogt-Schilb (Cired)
Tel: (+33) 1 43 94 73 83