[Scilab-users] SciNotes 5.4.1 crashes on any file action (Win7 64 bit)

David Tate dtate at ida.org
Mon Jul 1 16:57:12 CEST 2013

I launched Scilex from the command line and gave the scinotes command.  The
SciNotes window opened; I typed a couple of lines and selected "Save As"
from the file menu.  The program crashed with the following error message in
the command window:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

c:\Program Files\scilab-5.4.1\bin>scilex
Scilab 5.4.1 (Mar 29 2013, 17:58:03)

-->scinotes

-->log4cxx: No appender could be found for logger (ConfigRepository).
log4cxx: Please initialize the log4cxx system properly.

That may explain why I'm not seeing any log files.

David