[Scilab-users] SciNotes 5.4.1 crashes on any file action (Win7 64 bit)

Calixte Denizet calixte.denizet at scilab-enterprises.com
Wed Jul 3 15:35:06 CEST 2013

On 03/07/2013 15:30, David Tate wrote:
> More data:
>
> I can successfully create and save a data file from the console using the
> save() command.  I can save variable values to a new file and retrieve them
> using the load() command.  However, if I select "Open a file..." from the
> console File menu, or "Save" or "Save As" from the SciNotes file menu,
> everything crashes. If I select "Working directories..." ->  "Add a
> directory", it crashes.
>
> This might be relevant: under the File menu in SciNotes, there are items
> "Open file in..." and "Save file in...".  These are supposed to be
> hierarchical menus (with a little right arrow), but when I hover on them
> they do not expand.
>
> Does that help pinpoint the problem?
HI David,

unfortunatelly that does not help me to understand your problem. I don't
understand why log4cxx is here... and the logger class name
(ConfigRepository) doesn't help me too... In using web search engine, I
found that a class with this name exists in Websphere but you said that
no other Java apps were running on your system. So for now I'm thinking
about the bug, but I have absolutely no idea.
For your information, save(), load() commands are not plugged to a
JFileChooser. In my mind it's a pure Java problem... this why I need to
have  a backtrace.

Calixte

> David

Calixte Denizet