[Scilab-users] Duration time of Xcos simulation

simi99 simon.mayr at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 12:52:03 CEST 2013

Good afternoon everybody,
I simulate a servo position (cart) in Scilab / Xcos. The model equation
(differential equation) is implemented by “sci_func_block_m” in Xcos.
RK45-Runge-Kutta solver is set with a sampling time of T = 1ms. The
simulation time is Tsim = 5sec. The simulation data is carried to Scilab by
a "ToWorkspace"block. (There are no Scope blocks in the schematic) The
simulation takes an average time of 1.8-2 seconds, which is not acceptable
because I run the simulation in batch mode. To comparison: Matlab/Simulink
does the same job (same boundary conditions) in about 100ms. Is there
something I can do to improve the performance? Thanks in advance,
Simon