[Scilab-users] Problems installing Scilab_XLL in Excel 2007

Jacqui Howe jacquih01 at internode.on.net
Mon Jul 29 09:00:28 CEST 2013

Dear Scilab users,

I'm having problems integrating the Scilab_XLL add-in into Excel 2007. I
have a 64-bit version of Windows 7, but Excel is 32-bit. I've tried both the
64 and 32-bit versions of Scilab 5.4.1, but I can't locate the Scilab_XLL
add-in files via Excel, as per the instructions in the Scilab_XLL help
files.

Scilab gives the location of the add-in files as
SCIHOME\atoms\Scilab_XLL\0.1.1-1, but I can't find this location on my
system. The only location that seems to have any add-in files is in
User\AppData\scilab\atoms\Scilab_XLL\0.1.1-1\src\AddIns\, but Excel says
that none of the files in that folder are valid add-in files. Help, please?!

Regards,

Jacquih