[Scilab-users] graphics issues with Scilab 5.4.1

Chris de Villiers chris at matzitek.com
Mon Jun 3 11:32:03 CEST 2013

Hello,

I installed Scilab 5.4.1 on three different platforms. I mention the
first for reference only.

Case 1: 64-bit Ubuntu Studio 12.04 LTS. Everything works and there are
no problems with graphics.

Case 2: 32-bit Linux Mint 14. When I try to plot some data, a graphic
window opens, but no graph is plotted--the window is blank. I have tried
this with both Cinnamon and Xfce, but the result is the same.

Case 3: 64-bit Mac OS X 10.8.3. Here I can plot data, but when I try to
edit the Axes properties, I get this message: "WARNING: Tcl/Tk interface
not installed." I have installed the latest Community edition of
ActiveTcl (8.6) but this does not solve the problem.

Please could someone help with the above problems. I need to have Scilab
running on all three platforms.

Thank you.

Regards,
Chris de Villiers