[Scilab-users] Needs help with surface plot & colormap

surender_kumar surenderkumar1987 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 23:02:12 CEST 2013

Dear Scilab Users,

I have three MxN matrices A,B and C. A and B together form a 2D grid over
which C
is plotted. First I want to a surface plot and then the colormap (very
specific colormap).
I can get a surface plot very easily (using scilab documentation) by

surf(A,B,C)

For the second part, I look up the scilab documentation and found many
colormap related
functions but I am not able to figure out which one to choose, so please
help me.

This is what I want to do with these A,B and C

	The values/elements of C are either very large or very small and I would
like to do a
        colormap in such a way that the highest C value is most intense (say
deep blue) while
     	the lower values become more and more weaker..... finally the lowest C
value having no
 	color at all.

Sample Data (Just to illustrate)

  A	  B   C Value	 Color Intensity (%) (Blue Color)
 0.5	 0.5   10		100
 0.4	 0.4	 9		 90
 0.3	 0.3	 8		 80
 0.2	 0.2	 7		 70
 0.1	 0.1	 6		 60
 0.0	 0.0	 5		 50
-0.1	-0.1	 4		 40
-0.2	-0.2	 3		 30
-0.3	-0.3	 2		 20
-0.3	-0.3	 1		 10
-0.4	-0.4	 0		  5
-0.5	-0.5	-1		  0

One more thing is there a way to join all the C values corresponding to 100%
intensity?

Thanks
Surender