[Scilab-users] Increase Computing Precision beyon Double // Big Integers?

Sandro Hardy sandro.hardy at kom.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri Jun 28 11:21:19 CEST 2013

Hi,

> Hi.
> I suppose it is common problem of representation of floating point numbers.
> Actually, I don't think that Matlab is more accurate. There is an
> interest document

It was not my intension to claim that Matlab is more precise in general.
Just for the few operations I tested I need a better solution than the
regular Scilab double precision.

> http://www.scilab.org/content/download/395/2850/file/ScilabTec_Keynote.pdf

This is a great document. Especially for motivting student to care about
there computations...

Best wishes
Sandro

--
Sandro Hardy, M.Sc.

Multimedia Communications Lab (KOM)
http://www.kom.tu-darmstadt.de
Technische Universitaet Darmstadt
Dept. of Electrical Engineering & Information Technology
tel: +49 6151 16 75164 fax: +49 6151 16 6152
E-Mail: Sandro.Hardy at kom.tu-darmstadt.de
postal address: TU Darmstadt, FB 18, KOM, Rundeturmstr. 10, S320/106
D-64283 Darmstadt, Germany