[Scilab-users] SciNotes 5.4.1 crashes on any file action (Win7 64 bit)

David Tate dtate at ida.org
Fri Jun 28 18:09:18 CEST 2013

I just installed SciLab for the first time.  I'm using version 5.4.1 for
Windows, 64-bit, under Windows 7 Pro.

The application seems to run fine, and console actions work correctly.  I
can open the SciNotes editor, and enter text.  I can execute the contents
(e.g. "Execute file with echo").  But if I try any action involving File I/O
(e.g. Save, Save As, or select a backup file) both SciNotes and SciLab
instantly close, and I lose all of my work.  I do not even get a file dialog
-- the apps close instantly.  "Save file and execute" gives the same
behavior.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing, making sure that I ran the install
package as Administrator.  No change.

Help?

David Tate