[Scilab-users] Surface smoothing in Scilab, immune to outliers

Stéphane Mottelet stephane.mottelet at utc.fr
Mon Mar 4 14:13:51 CET 2013

Hello,

Replacing the squared L2 norm by the L1 norm in the linear regression
gives a good robustness to outliers (cf. Donoho and al. papers). The
problem is then non differentiable but you can implement it by
iteratively reweighting the classical L2 method (IRLS method), or by
writing an equivalent linear program.

S.