[Scilab-users] Extracting strings to a matrix

samuel.enibe at unn.edu.ng samuel.enibe at unn.edu.ng
Thu Mar 7 15:31:27 CET 2013

Dear sir,
Suppose I have the matrix shown below.

Names = ['samuel Ogbonna Enibe',
               'James Peter';
                'WIlson Stone Wilberforce Joshua';
                'Moses'];
I would like to extract the matrix  from Name into a new matrix Namenew such that the first words are placed in the first column, second words in the second column, third words in the third column, etc.

I know one solution is to save the data in a text file and extract it again using space as column separator.

What is the simpler way of creating my new matrix Namenew.

Samuel Enibe

Sent from my Nokia phone