[Scilab-users] Scan file backward from the end?

Antoine Monmayrant amonmayr at laas.fr
Wed Mar 20 22:59:55 CET 2013

Hi all,

Do any of you know an efficient way to scan a text file backward from the end in scilab?
I want to load into scilab text data (a footer) that is situated in a file after a big binary blob of variable length (a huge tiff image).
For the moment I scan line by line from the top and test whether it looks like the start of the footer.
It works but it is terribly slow as I have to scan the whole binary blob.
Any idea on how I could do the same more efficiently using only scilab functions (to stay portable for my colleagues running scilab on Windows)?

Cheers,

Antoine