[Scilab-users] Tcl vs. Java: I want to understand

Piotr Zaprawa pzaprawa at gmail.com
Tue May 14 10:14:38 CEST 2013

Hello

I want to understand why Tcl in Scilab has been replaced
by Java. I spend many hours reading many different papers
on the Internet and I find only this:

<Francois Vogel>: ...The Scilab 4.x graphics have been
*replaced* by the java graphics, for better or for worse...

and nothing else (I was reading about some problems
with Tcl on MAC ver. 5.2, but I'm not sure if this is real
reason or replacement result only).

Do you know any facts about replacement reasons?

Thanks for advise.

PZ