[Scilab-users] Scilab problem?

SCHULZ Wolfgang W.Schulz at ove.at
Mon Nov 4 17:12:53 CET 2013

Hello,
I'm using Scilab 5.4.1 on Win 7 64 bit and have a problem with the following script (simplified script).

stacksize('max')
Maximum=5e6;
dt=1/Maximum;
t=0:dt:1;
y=sin(2*%pi*50*t);
f0=scf(0);
clf;
plot(t,y);
f1=scf(1);
clf;
plot(t,y);
f2=scf(2);
clf;
plot(t,y);

With the standard Java Heap Memory (256MB) the first and second plots are ok. Nothing is drawn in the third plot.
I thought it may help to increase the Java Heap Memory.
If I increase the Java Heap Memory to 512 MB I get immediately the following error message on the console:

-->exec('H:\SCILAB\test_problem.sci', -1)
Warning !!!
Scilab has found a critical error (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION)
with "stacksize" function.
Save your data and restart Scilab.
t=0:dt:1;
         !--error 17
stack size exceeded!
Use stacksize function to increase it.
Memory used for variables: 9453
Intermediate memory needed: 5000002
Total memory available: 180000
at line       8 of exec file called by :
exec('H:\SCILAB\test_problem.sci', -1)

Any hint how to solve this?
Thanks
Wolfgang