[Scilab-users] Scilab javasci problem loading libscioptimization.so

Pawel Rubach pawel.rubach at sorcersoft.com
Wed Oct 9 18:20:27 CEST 2013

Hello,

We're trying to use a function from the optimization pack "leastsq" - it
works very well if called from a script directly in scilab, however,
we'd like to use it via the Javasci2 interface and call it from java.
The problem we run into is the following:

A previous error has been detected while loading libscioptimization.so:
/opt/scilab/lib/scilab/libscioptimization.so: undefined symbol: pvApiCtx

org.scilab.modules.javasci.JavasciException$ScilabErrorException: A
Scilab error occurred: Impossible to load libscioptimization.so library:
(null)
Code: 999
     at org.scilab.modules.javasci.Scilab.execException(Unknown Source)
~[org.scilab.modules.javasci.jar:na]
     at org.scilab.modules.javasci.Scilab.execException(Unknown Source)
~[org.scilab.modules.javasci.jar:na]

I use scilab 5.4.1 and I tested it on Centos 6.4 and Ubuntu 13.04 (it
bahaves identically). The native lib path definitely contains the
directory in which the libscioptimization.so.0 resides and simpler
functions and scripts work over javasci2 like a charm.

Any help would be very appreciated,

Thanks,

Pawel