[Scilab-users] Xcos custom block - icon path problem

pf Peter.Fabo at dynamag.com
Sun Oct 13 20:55:23 CEST 2013

Hi all,

small problem with Xcos palette export (Scilab 5.5.0, Ubuntu 12.04):

If I want to create a new palette with Xcos block with graphic icon in
'builder.sce'

pal=xcosPal("MyPalette");
pal=xcosPalAddBlock(pal, MyInterface("define"), [], mypath
+"../macros/icons/myIcon.svg");

then macro 'xcosPalAddBlock' create/generate GIF icon in TEMP directory.

If I then export palette to file

xcosPalExport(pal, mypath + '/MyPalette.pal');

in file 'MyPalette.pal' path to GIF icon indicates to TEMP directory
(!!!)
And when I load palette with a.e. XcosMyModule.start (after new start
etc.) with macro

xcosPalAdd(mypath + '/MyPalette.pal');

icons no longer exists (old TEMP was meantime deleted) and I get block
in Palette browser without icons ... :-(

I think that the GIF icon would be created in the same directory as
original (a.e *.svg, *.jpg ....) image(s) and path in exported palette
(*.pal) should point to this directory.

Temporary problem solution - not ideal, but works:

-> palette can be created at startup in *.start file, without export,
Palette browser load icons from TEMP directory

With regards
Peter