[Scilab-users] call_scilab (from 5.4.1) on linux

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab-enterprises.com
Fri Oct 25 02:11:32 CEST 2013

On 25/09/2013 22:31, vincent guffens wrote:

> It used to work with -lscilab but recently I had to change the linker
> arguments to explicitely include more dependencies:
>
> -Wl,--no-as-needed  -lscilab  -lsciapi_scilab -lscicall_scilab
> -lscioutput_stream -lscicore -lscilinear_algebra -lsciconsole
> -lscilocalization -lscipolynomials -lsciio -lscielementary_functions
> -lscisparse -lscihistory_manager -lscihistory_browser -lscigraphics
> -lscicompletion -lscifunctions -lsciboolean -lsciwindows_tools
> -lscitime -lscifftw -lsciintersci -lscidouble -lscicommons
That was a bug in Scilab build process under Ubuntu. The linker packaged
in Ubuntu is enabling the --as-needed option as default.
For some reasons, libscilab.so and libscilab-cli.so did not have this
option set.
I fixed that in commit c4fa8db4c4e207ee89a0b5cd8cd5b66b788dee39
It should now work in the current nightly builds.

Sylvestre