[Scilab-users] scilab 6 - Does not start on Mac OS X 10.8.4

knobs wknoelly at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 22:57:51 CEST 2013

Hi Adam

Thank you for the quick reply!

Well, I like to scilab 6 without installing anything else.
I might address that to the developers.

There are - unfortunately - no binaries of Fink for Mac OSX 10.8.4. I would
need to install it from the source files. That seems to be straight, though,
according to the homepage.

As for c-ares... I got an error already when running ./configure: ar not in
PATH... that does not tell me much either. I think it comes with linux
compilers ...

Macports might be an option... but then again, I would like to ask the
Scilab developers to have a self-contained installation for version 6, just
like for 5.4.1.

Thank you again.
Wil.