[Scilab-users] drag and rotate in Plots and 3Dplots not working. Help?

Martí martibp at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 19:08:07 CEST 2013

Hello

I'm finding a malfunction someone might be able to help me with.
I found it in an application I'm developing, but I experiment the same
behavior in the following extremelly simple example:

I execute
-->plot

A new figure opens with standard SciLab demo plot.
I check I can zoom plots using the mouse wheel, drag plot using left mouse
button, and rotate using right mouse button.
I click one of the menus above (File, Tools and Edit).
I change my mind and I want to close the menu, so I left click outside the
menu (at one of the plots, for example) so that the menu closes.
I try to drag or rotate the plots but this functionality happens not to work
anymore. The zoom function (mouse wheel) still works fine. The only way I
find to be able to rotate and drag the plot data again is to close the
figure and replot.

What did it happen?
Anyone else experienced this behavior? (I could not find any previos post on
this topic)
Does anybody knows any solution or work-around for it?

Note: To be noticed that, when quitting the menu, if user clicks on the menu
title (file, tools, edit) to quit the menu, this "bug" does not happen. This
behavior has been detected in version 5.4.0 and 5.4.1 using plot and plot3D.

Thank you in advance for any eventual help or comments,

Kind regards,
Martí

keywords: rotate, drag, plot, plot2D, plot3D, menu, uimenu