[Scilab-users] scilab 5.4.1 simple calculations need rounding

Arvid Rosén arvid at softube.com
Mon Sep 16 10:06:19 CEST 2013

Also, when comparing to scilab 4, you should keep in mind that the older versions (4 and earlier, I think) used the extend floating point feature of the FPU, giving 80 bits of precision in some cases. This might yield slightly different results in some calculations.

Cheers,
Arvid

15 sep 2013 kl. 20:55 skrev Samuel Gougeon <sgougeon at free.fr>:

> The big number of digits asked for leads to that. You may see what does the following:
>
> clc
> %eps
> format(16)
> x = poly(0,'x'); f = (x-1)^2, factors(f)
> format(19)
> x = poly(0,'x'); f = (x-1)^2, factors(f)
>
> Regards
> Samuel

Arvid Rosén

Softube AB