[Scilab-users] call_scilab from another dll

David Chèze david.cheze at cea.fr
Tue Sep 24 17:58:10 CEST 2013

Hi,

i'm trying to call Scilab using call_scilab features from a  .dll component
: in the system simulation environment (TRNSYS), components are available
for the simulation core as dll files (under windows). I'm writing this
component with microsoft visual c++ 2010 express and it runs well in the
simulation environment as soon as I don't include in my code real calls to
call_scilab functions (StartScilab()). Building process is ok  since it
finds the headers and librairies for call_scilab and api_scilab. When I
include call to StartScilab for example, then the build process is still ok
but when I try to run my simulation simple test case (1 component), the
simulation core issues a message that it found the dll file but it didn't
find any component referenced in the test case diagram, then it failed to
run the simulation. I guess that when I really call scilab functions from my
components, it changes something in the shape of the file that make it
uncompatible with the existing kernel dlls.

Did you already succeeded in running similar simulation task under windows
OS (WIN7 32 Bits) involving dll files that call Scilab ?
Any ideas to investigate further?

Thanks for your feedback,

David