[Scilab-users] Problems with "To workspace" and "From workspace"

Michael Ungelehrt michael.ungelehrt at th-deg.de
Thu Apr 10 09:27:08 CEST 2014

Dear users,

I have a problem with the “To workspace” respectively “From workspace” block
in Xcos.

I’d like to write the value of a function to workspace if the value of
another function changes its sign from + to -. A short time later I’d like
to use this value in a third function and retrieve it from workspace.

For that I evaluate the first function with the “NEGTOPOS_f” block and give
the output event to the “TOWS_c” block. The “TOWS_c” block is connected with
the second function and should write the value to a vaiable A in the
workspace.

The “FROMWSB” block is connected with a third function which should use the
variable that is saved before.

Now I have the following problem:

If I start the simulation, the “FROMWSB” says that the variable A does not
exist. So my idea was to define the variable in the variable-browser before
I start the simulation. If I do so I get an error at the “TOWS_c” block:
“Evaluation problem: value not updated from context. Protected variable
name. Please choose another variable name.”

Is there any solution for that problem?

Block parameters:

>From workspace:

Variable name:                C

Interpolation Method:                 0

Enable zero crossing:     1

Output at end:                 1

To workspace:

Size of buffer:                  1

Scilab variable name:     C

Inherit:                                0

Definition of variable C in SciNotes upfront:

C.time=0;

C.values=0;

Thank you in advance!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen