[Scilab-users] beginners question

Paul Bignier paul.bignier at scilab-enterprises.com
Fri Apr 25 10:17:54 CEST 2014

Hello James,

You are trying to create a variable that is a mix of both strings and
doubles.

You can do this by declaring an untyped list containing two fields:

plotOptions = list( command, value );

but I wonder how you will further use it. Check out the plot help page
<http://help.scilab.org/docs/5.5.0/en_US/plot.html> if you are trying to
add options to a plot() command.

Regards,
Paul

On 04/24/2014 05:23 PM, James Holland wrote:
> Hello
> I am attempting to port some Matlab scripts to Scilab. I am having problems
> with the following code:
>
> 114         plotOptions = { command, value };
>
> plotOptions has been declared as an empty matrix (N/A, double) command is a
> 1x1 string and value is a 1x3 double. The error message that I get is:
>
> !--error 144
> Undefined operation for the given operands.
> check or define function %c_c_s for overloading.
> at line     114 of function plotloggedsignal called by :
>
> Is there a simple workaround for this problem?
>
> TIA
> James

Paul BIGNIER
Development engineer
Scilab Enterprises
143bis rue Yves Le Coz - 78000 Versailles, France
Phone: +33.1.80.77.04.69
http://www.scilab-enterprises.com