[Scilab-users] Recognition of cursor key as input

Philipp Mühlmann p.muehlmann at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 06:13:50 CEST 2014

Hallo Jens,

I am not quite sure if there is a way for the cursor keys, but using
"messagebox", "x_dialog" or "x_choices" should fullfill your purpose.

I understand that you want the loop to stop and just go on after a
keyboard command.
So if you use one of the functions mentioned above a popo up window
will appear, whihc you can use to have someting like " go on" (to go
back to the loop) or "abort"(to quit the loop).

you may also use "pause".

Best regars,
Philipp

> Is there a way to stop a loop at each cycle and continue it by pressing one
> of the cursor keys (up, down, left or right) so that the script  'knows'
> which key has been pressed? I experimented with the input command with no
> result.
> Kind regards
> Jens

There we have the salad.