[Scilab-users] How to solve sparse nonlinear system by scilabe

Michael J McCann mjmccann at ieee.org
Mon Aug 11 14:29:24 CEST 2014

Since the network is passive and hence stable, have you considered
treating it as a pseudo-dynamic system (by giving capacity to hold fluid
to each sector) and letting it converge to a solution as the flow
adjusts itself to equilibrium?  We used to do this sort of trick with
analog computers many years ago and electrical resistance networks
actually behave that way. Mike.
On 2014-08-08 7:55, Jonah wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to solve a pressure-flow network system which is sparse, nonliear
> and huge, around 1k-2k variables. It seems to me fsolve in scilab can't
> handle such kind of the problem quite efficiently.
>
> Do you have good suggestion for solve sparse nonlinear system using scilab?
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jonah

Dr.M.J.McCann,MJMcCann-Consulting