[Scilab-users] Regarding Wavelet ToolBox for Scilab

Sejal Shewaramani sejal.shewaramani at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 13:32:09 CEST 2014

Hello,

I am a complete newbie to Scilab and since 2 days I am cluelessly struggling
to umderstand what is happening.
I want to use an open source alternative of MATLAB , so I chose Scilab.
Kindly note that I cant access Internet directly from the computer where I
am working.

QUESTION:

I want to decompose an image into its wavelet components. For that I have
installed Scilab 5.5 successfully on my Windows PC. now I came to know that
I need SIVP, SWT and OpenCV.
I read everywhere that they have some GUI based installer for SIVP for
Windows. But honestly i couldnt find one. I found only the zip file for
SIVP.
For SWT i have found some toolbox installer like
swt1.0.1forscilab5.5windowsetup.exe, but in that I am getting dll error as
my PC is 64 bit and I am unable to find a setup for that.
Regarding opencv, i downloaded it, set the two envt variables as read. and
further i dont know what is to be done.
Any help would be Appreciated. Please give me some way to get my software
set up for what i am trying to do.